Community Funding Grants
Community funding is a way for us to support local community and voluntary groups with grant awards to help them deliver important services and activities to our communities.
There are three funding streams:
- Direct Grants: made to the voluntary and community sector to fund key services, including infrastructure support, money and debt advice and community transport. These services are funded either by large grant awards or as commissioned services
- Councillor Covid Support Fund: funds are allocated to Councillors to allocate money within their ward to make a positive impact on the areas they represent and to empower local residents to be active in their communities’ recovery from the impact of Covid
- Community Funding Grants: grants made to local community and voluntary groups to enable them to deliver important services and activities to our communities
How to apply for a Community Funding Grant
Our Community Funding Grant Policy sets out the principles and criteria that govern how we can award Community Funding Grants, who can apply for a Community Funding Grant, and what we can and cannot fund.
In order to be eligible to apply for a Community Funding Grant you must operate within the geographical area of the council and be a:
- registered charity
- community or voluntary group
- local club
- community interest company (CIC)
- not for profit organisation
Activities funded must be consistent with our corporate plan, strategic aims, objectives and priorities. If you are interested in applying for a Community Funding Grant, please complete the Expression of interest form.
Community Funding Grants are capped at £15,000 and £5,000. The initial funding round, within each financial year, will be open to all applications seeking a Community Funding Grant up to the value of £15,000. All subsequent funding rounds, within the financial year, will be capped to projects / services where the total value of the Community Funding Grant requested is up to the value of £5,000.
|1||£15,000||22 April 2022||11:59pm 15 May 2022|
|2||£5,000||8 July 2022||11:59pm 27 July 2022|
|3||£5,000||16 December 2022||11:59pm 11 January 2023|
If you would like to speak to the Community Funding Officer about your eligibility to apply for a grant, please contact:
Peter Worth, Community Funding Officer
Last updated 29 July 2022