Flood and water management
Flooding can happen at any time and sometimes with little warning. Find out how to best protect yourself and your property.
- Visit the Met Office website to see current flood warnings
- Report different types of flooding
- Use the flood map to see if your community is at risk from different types of flooding
- How sustainable drainage should be delivered in Northamptonshire through surface water planning
- Different organisations manage different types of flooding - find out who is responsible
- Find out how to get sandbags in your area
Flooding can happen at any time and sometimes with little warning. Therefore preparation is key to making sure you, your family and your friends are safe, as well as reducing the damage to your home and treasured belongings.
The Northamptonshire Flood Toolkit can help you get prepared for flooding. Certain areas have floodwater sirens.
Community flood preparation
Pathfinder III aims to facilitate community-led improvements for communities who are at risk of surface water flooding in, complementing other flood risk management activities.
Flooding in your local area:
If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of North Northamptonshire.
Last updated 02 August 2022