Our vision is to make West Northants a great place to live, work, visit and thrive, a place:
- where there is opportunity for all – where children are given the best start in life and vulnerable children are supported and protected. A place where all young people grow up qualified and inspired to succeed
- where people are proud to live, with strong sustainable communities, decent homes, a fulfilling job, and stress free travel through well connected places
- where people are supported to live independent, self-sufficient lives and where everyone has the best life chances
- where services are joined up and if you need a helping hand you’ll get it
- with a thriving and prosperous economy that draws in investment, visitors and talent
- where we have modern towns but where rural character is cherished
- at the forefront of action on climate change with clean air, sustainable growth and a flourishing natural environment.
What are we going to do?
We are determined to improve the life chances for everyone in West Northamptonshire. This means closing the gap for the most vulnerable members of our communities and ensuring everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential.
- allocate money to the things that matter most to people including building more affordable homes, supporting our care leavers, improving the quality of our roads and improving schools provision
- invest in West Northants regeneration and prosperity, by creating homes and jobs for our residents and attracting more external investment in infrastructure, connectivity and growth as we play our role in key regional and national initiatives
- continue to deliver efficiencies and deliver more services jointly with our partners across the public sector and through other organisations where it makes sense for us to do so
- encourage spending with more local businesses and use our contracting power for the benefit of communities where possible
- incentivise and invest in a cleaner and greener West Northants
How will we measure success?
- % of our residents satisfied with the way that the Council runs things
- % of residents who agree that the Council provides value for money
- % of Council spend with local businesses
- no slippage in our plans, investment and savings beyond agreed tolerances
Last updated 27 January 2023