Blossom Children's Occupational Therapy
How to contact this service
Blossom Children's Occupational Therapy is a team of specialist children's occupational therapists, a a speech and language therapist (SALT), and a therapy dog. They support children to achieve their full potential and to increase participation in daily life.
Together they provide family support, assessments, therapy, support groups, and training for parents, and professionals working in health, education, and social care. Blossom OT offer joint occupational therapy and speech and language therapy assessment packages. They also offer sensory, attachment, trauma, and communication assessments.
Support can be provided for any children facing challenges in their lives, such as:
- Self-help difficulties (in areas such as dressing, washing, feeding, and toileting).
- Delays in play skills and motor skill development.
- Sensory processing difficulties (which affect functioning, behaviour, and self-regulation).
- Challenges within the school environment (such as handwriting, attention, organisation, and independence).
- Issues with self-esteem, emotional wellbeing, and the life journey (particularly in those who have experienced trauma).
- Speech sound delays and disorders
- Stammering (dysfluency)
- Language disorders
- Social communication and interaction needs
- Communication difficulties associated with social, emotional, behavioural or mental health needs (SEMH)
Following an assessment, the therapist will advise whether individual therapy sessions will be beneficial to the child. They may recommend direct therapy sessions with the child (using an evidenced-based approach), a therapist-devised programme, or one-off strategy sessions. Therapy will be tailored to the child using the following approaches:
- Sensory integration therapy
- Sensory motor-based therapy
- DIR Floortime principles
- Attention Autism
- Trauma-informed therapy (using the DART model)
- Sensory Attachment Intervention (SAI)
- Sensory-based feeding support
- Emotional wellbeing interventions
- Self-identity and self-esteem programs
- Intensive Interaction
These services are offered within the community in Northamptonshire, Leicestershire, and Bedfordshire. Blossom Children's Occupational Therapy can provide therapy for EHC Plan provisions and Adoption Support Fund (ASF) work.
- Contact provider for cost details
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 24 months to 16 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Health Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Range - School
- Age Range - Early Years
- Age Range - Adulthood
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Medical Conditions
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Social, Emotional, or Mental Health (SEMH) Needs
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) - Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, etc
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 03 May 2023