Simon de Senlis Primary School
How to contact this service
Simon de Senlis Primary School is a mainstream primary school for 4-11 year-olds in West Northamptonshire. It has an SEN unit on-site. It's part of the Northampton Primary Academy Trust.
Simon de Senlis Primary School's SEN unit accommodates up to 20 pupils aged 4-11 years. Its pupils have EHC Plans stating their primary (main) needs are -
- Cognition and Learning Needs:
i.e. Severe Learning Disabilities (SLD)i.e Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities (PMLD)
- Communication and Interaction Needs:
i.e. Speech, Language & Communication Needs (SLCN)
All pupils in the SEN unit will have an Education, Health, and Care (EHC) Plan. The Local Authority will have identified their needs as requiring placement at Simon de Senlis Primary School's SEN unit.
Simon de Senlis Primary School is part of the local authority's Schools’ Accessibility Strategy. This means it has adaptations for pupils with disabilities that are over and above what is required under general planning and building regulations. As a minimum, the school will have:
- Physical access to all areas of curriculum (this may not be 100% of the school building).
- Suitable parking and a suitable entrance to the school.
- A suitable changing facility for pupils with disabilities.
- A designated area for physiotherapy or similar treatments.
- Specialist furniture (e.g. variable height tables and other physical aids).
- Simon de Senlis Primary School - Accessibility Plan, 2019-2022 (PDF 109KB)
- Simon de Senlis Primary School - SEND Report, 2022-2024 (PDF 182KB)
- Simon de Senlis Primary School - SEND Policy, 2022-2024 (PDF 339KB)
SENCo: Joanne Fennelly ([email protected])
- Ofsted Grade: Good (27 February 2018)
- West Northamptonshire
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 4 years to 11 years
- Referral Route
- Education or School Referral
- Professional Referral
- Type of Service
- Schools and Education Providers
- Special Units and Resourced Provisions
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Range - School
- Assessment Needed
- Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Universal Services - Suitable for Everyone
- Special Needs
- Learning Disabilities
- Speech, Language, and Communication Needs (SLCN)
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 10 August 2023