University and College Hardship Funds
How to contact this service
- a student with children, especially single parents
- a mature student with existing financial commitments
- from a low-income family
- a student that was previously in care (a 'care leaver')
- homeless or living in a foyer
The amount you can get is decided by your university or college. It’s paid in a lump sum or instalments. You usually won't have to pay the money back, but in some cases you’ll get a loan that you have to repay.
To apply, simply contact the student services department at your university or college. They'll decide if you qualify.
- National Organisation
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 16 years to 99 years
- Referral route
- No Referral Needed
- For people with
- Suitable for Everyone
- Eligibility criteria
- Receipt of Benefits
- Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Provider category
- Universal Services - Suitable for Everyone
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 02 May 2023