DWP - Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
How to contact this service
You can apply for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) if you have a disability or health condition that affects how much you can work.
You may also be able to get ESA if you were unable to work while self-isolating because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
ESA gives you:
- money to help with living costs if you’re unable to work
- support to get back into work if you’re able to
You can apply if you’re employed, self-employed, or unemployed.
Click here for details of how to claim Employment and Support Allowance.
- National Organisation
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 16 years to 64 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Finance and Funding
- Eligibility Criteria
- Assessment Needed
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Social, Emotional, or Mental Health (SEMH) Needs
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Sensory Impairments
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 06 July 2023