Daventry Area Community Transport (DACT)
How to contact this service
Daventry Area Community Transport (DACT) is a one-stop shop within the Daventry district for all your needs relating to transport and mobility. Their services include:
- Volunteer Car Scheme - A team of volunteer drivers who use their own vehicles to help anyone who has difficulty using public transport to get to their medical appointments.
- Daventry Town Community Bus (formerly Dial-a-Ride) - A free home-to-town bus service for people aged 65+ or with mobility issues.
- DACT Days Out - A selection of days out. Minibuses leave from either the Old Gasworks Car Park or the Daventry Bus Station.
- MiDAS Training - DACT provide training for the Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme.
DACT also offer:
Affiliated Group Travel - At DACT, we have a fleet of minibuses available for hire to community groups. Affiliation to this scheme costs as little as £30 for the year and gives you the opportunity to hire minibuses to transport your group to wherever you want to go. Each minibus has 15 passenger seats and is able to carry wheelchairs when necessary.
The DACT Mobility Shop – A friendly team can give you help and advice on the right mobility equipment for your needs. They stock a wide range of goods and can also get most items the next day if they are out of stock. They have a great range of Mobility Scooters and Wheelchairs available for hire from their mobility shop. Right next door to the Shop, is the Mobility Repairs workshop. Thanks to some of the fantastic and experienced volunteers, they are able to offer the following services:
- Full scooter service
- General Maintenance
- General minor repairs
- General diagnotics
- Stand alone battery testing
- Collection and delivery
Daventry Area Community Transport (DACT) is a registered charity (no. 1170448).
- Queens Award for Voluntary Service
- Contact provider for cost details
- Daventry Area
- West Northamptonshire
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 99 years
- Referral route
- No Referral Needed
- For people with
- Physical Disabilities
- Eligibility criteria
- Provider category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 04 March 2024