DWP - Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
How to contact this service
What Pip Is For
Personal Independence Payment (PIP) can help with extra living costs if you have both:
- A long-term physical or mental health condition or disability
- Difficulty doing certain everyday tasks or getting around because of your condition
You can get PIP even if you’re working, have savings or are getting most other benefits.
You can get Personal Independence Payment (PIP) if all of the following apply to you:
- You’re 16 or over
- You have a long-term physical or mental health condition or disability
- You have difficulty doing certain everyday tasks or getting around
- You expect the difficulties to last for at least 12 months from when they started
You must also be under State Pension age if you’ve not received PIP before.
You can still get PIP if you’re working or have savings.
PIP New Claims (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm. Find out about call charges)
- Telephone: 0800 917 2222
- Textphone: 0800 917 7777
- Relay UK (if you cannot hear or speak on the phone): 18001 then 0800 917 2222
- Video Relay Service (for British Sign Language users): check you can use the service
If you disagree with a decision you can ask the DWP to look at it again. This is known as a Mandatory Reconsideration. If you are unhappy with the result of the Mandatory Reconsideration, you can appeal directly to Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunals Service.
- National Organisation
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 16 years to 64 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Finance and Funding
- Eligibility Criteria
- Assessment Needed
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Medical Conditions
- Social, Emotional, or Mental Health (SEMH) Needs
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Sensory Impairments
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 06 July 2023