Children's 0 to 19 Services - NHFT
How to contact this service
NHFT's countywide Children's 0-19 Service brings together health visitors and school nurses to deliver the Government's Healthy Child Programme.
The Healthy Child Programme sets out a range of public health interventions to build healthy communities for families and children. It offers every family an evidence-base programme of interventions, including screening tests, immunisations, developmental reviews, and information and guidance to support parenting and healthy choices. It also outlines all services that children and families need to receive if they are to achieve their optimum health and wellbeing.
Health visitors and school nurses are classed as specialist public health nurses (SCPHN). Health visitors run the Healthy Child Programme for children aged 0-5 years. School nurses run it for children aged 5-19 years.
Every school has a named school nurse and requests can be made via the school staff. School nurses can provide advice and support and short term interventions around a range of issues including emotional regulation, sleep and anxiety. they can advise on emotional wellbeing support and transitions, offering wellbeing workshops for pupils in KS3 and KS4 over 4 weekly sessions. They offer a 1 day parent and child wellbeing workshop for KS2 children.
Visit the Children's Resource Hub for tips and advice about every stage. It aims to provide information (both local and national) that will be useful to you and to your family.
Contact the Children's 0-19 Service
- Phone: 0800 170 7055, option 4 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5pm)
- Email: [email protected]
- Breastfeeding Helpline: 077951 10109 (Mon-Fri, 9am-3pm)
- ChatHealth: 11-19 year-olds can text a school nurse on 07507 329 600 (Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm)
- Social Media: Like the NHFT Health Visitors' Facebook Page
- 0-19 Live Online Chat: Visit the Children’s 0-19 Services page, and click the orange button on the bottom-right.
- Submit a Referral - Complete the online form here.
- Additional languages
- Translation and/or Interpreting Available on Request
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 19 years
- Referral Route
- GP or Healthcare Referral
- Education or School Referral
- Type of Service
- Health Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Range - School
- Age Range - Early Years
- Age Range - Adulthood
- Provider Category
- Universal Services - Suitable for Everyone
- Special Needs
- Suitable for Everyone
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 12 September 2023