SENDs 4 Dad
SENDS 4 Dad is a community-run support group for dads and male carers who have a child with special educational needs and/or disabilities. The child doesn't need to have a formal diagnosis and the child can be of any age (including adults).
The main aims of the group are:
- To provide social opportunities for dads and male carers to get together with people in similar circumstances.
- To ensure members have access to social media avenues to discuss issues and celebrate successes.
- To hold events where dads and male carers (and their families) can bond with their children in an environment where there are other dads.
SENDS 4 Dad run regular events in Northampton, which include:
- A weekly Sunday activity club at the Frank Bruno Foundation
- A monthly social night
- A monthly breakfast morning
- Wellbeing days, family fun days, sci-fi/comic conventions, and days at local sporting events.
Join SENDS 4 Dad on Social Media
- Autism Dads -Special Needs Group. (Auty Dad)
- Corby SENDS 4 Dad
- Kettering SENDS 4 Dad
- Northampton SENDS 4 Dad
- SENDS 4 Dad- Main page
Search for "SENDS for Dad" on Spotify, Apple, Google, Breaker, Pocketcasts, RadioPublic, or wherever you get your podcasts. SENDS 4 Dad are always looking for contributors (or anyone interested in chatting) for the podcast).
- Contact provider for cost details
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 18 years to 99 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Groups, Clubs, and Activities
- Eligibility Criteria
- Carer / Family / Parent / Relative
- Gender - Boys and/or Men Only
- Age Range - Adulthood
- Provider Category
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Caring Responsibilities
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 02 May 2023