Recycling collection delays in Northampton and DaventryBins, recycling and waste
01 October 2021
Staff shortages are causing disruption to bin collection rounds in the Northampton and Daventry areas this week.
You can view the latest updates below:
Collections this week (w/c Monday 28 September)
- Some recycling collections are delayed this week
- If your bin or box has not been emptied by 7:30pm on the day it is due, please leave it at the kerbside and Veolia will return for it as soon as possible. Additional recycling can be presented in clear sacks next to the dry waste recycling bins
- Food waste, garden waste, and black bin collections are operating as normal
- See regular updates about the service
- There are delays to food and recycling collections in Brixworth on Friday, 1 October
- Affected residents are advised to leave their bins at the kerbside as crews will collect them as soon as possible
- Find out more about waste and recycling collections in the Daventry Area
We are very sorry for this ongoing disruption, which is caused by a combination of issues - including staff sickness and a national shortage of agency workers and HGV drivers.
Please be assured we are working with our partners at Veolia and West Northants Norse to resolve this situation and minimise disruption as much as possible.