Request for business advice terms and conditions
- This service is provided and administered by West Northamptonshire Council Trading Standards Service (the “Service”).
- Trading Standards Business Support Service is provided and administered by West Northamptonshire Council Trading Standards Service (the “Service”) who can be contacted as follows:
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0300 126 7000
By post: Trading Standards, The Guildhall, St Giles Square, Northampton, NN1 1DE
VAT Number: 370 1521 33
- Subject to any overriding provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000, all information provided by businesses as part of this scheme will be treated sensitively and kept securely.
- Unless otherwise agreed, English law, with the English Courts having exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any claim, dispute or difference concerning the service and any matter arising from it.
- The Service undertakes to ensure that only adequately trained and experienced officers provide advice, that the advice will be impartial and that all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that it is correct at the time at which it is given. Please note that the advice we provide is based on best practice however it does not constitute legal advice as legislation may change over time and only the courts can interpret statutory legislation with any authority.
- The Service is a law enforcement body which is empowered to enforce a variety of civil and criminal statutes. We have a duty to investigate any allegations of breaches of such legislation and the provision of advice under this scheme does not affect this duty in any way.
- In seeking to obtain advice from the Service, you (the business) undertake to complete the attached request form and promptly return it. Advice cannot be given until the request form has been received and completed in the correct manner.
- In applying for business advice, you (the business) agree to pay the charges for officer time incurred by the Service to West Northamptonshire Council within 28 days of receiving an itemised invoice for the services provided. Charges for officer time will be at the rate displayed on the fees and charges page of our website. The rate is per officer per hour. This will be reviewed annually on 1st April in subsequent years.
- In the event that you do not pay West Northamptonshire Council the outstanding amount within the prescribed time then civil proceedings can be brought against you to recover the cost and future service will cease to be provided until the account is settled.
- Use of this service does not entitle your business to use any logo or claim any affiliation with the Service.
- If you are not satisfied with the quality or timeliness of the information provided to you then we ask that you contact us at the earliest opportunity so that we can attempt to resolve the issue.
If you have any complaints about the service you have received, please write to us at the above address or email [email protected]. You will also have recourse to the West Northamptonshire Council’s official complaints procedure.
Last updated 28 July 2023