Request a star rating rescore
If you have undertaken the works outlined in your inspection report, you can apply for a revisit for your score and star rating to be reviewed.
What you need to know before you apply
You need to know:
- as the business operator of the establishment you have a right to request a revisit for the purposes of rerating if you have taken action to rectify the non compliances identified at the time of inspection
- there is a charge for this revisit - there is no limit on the number of requests you can make but the charge will be applicable each time
- you must provide details of the improvements made with your request, including supporting evidence where appropriate
- once this request form is received and checked by the regulation manager and the relevant animal welfare officer, a council representative will make contact with you to take the payment
- the revisit will be carried out within a minimum of 3 months following receipt of your request and payment of the fee - applications will only be accepted and deemed valid once payment has fully cleared
- the animal welfare officer will give you a ‘new’ star rating based on the level of compliance that is found at the time of the revisit - you should be aware that your rating could go up, down or remain the same
Why information is on a different website
We are in the process of adding information to this new unitary council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need. Read more about the changes.