Notice of marriage appointments
Due to the very high customer demand for Notice of Marriage appointments we have temporarily suspended our online booking function. If your ceremony date is within the next 3 months please contact the Registration Service directly ensuring you use the contact details below:
- If you live in Northampton, Daventry and Towcester please contact West Northamptonshire Council [email protected]
Order copy birth certificates
If you don't yet have a certificate, you will need to register your baby's birth.
You can order full certificates for births that took place in West Northamptonshire. A full birth certificate is required for a passport application.
Certificates cost £11 per copy. If you request the priority service this will cost an additional £24 per certificate.
Before you start
- All copy certificates are posted. You cannot collect copy certificates from our registration offices
- The quickest and easiest way to request a copy certificate is to apply online
Standard application service
We will post your certificate within 7 working days of receipt of the order, using 2nd class post for standard applications.
Priority application service (online only)
We offer a priority service for online orders of certificates for an additional £24 per certificate. The additional fee will be added to your order when you select priority service.
- We must receive your order before 3pm for us to dispatch by 1st class post the next working day
- Any applications received after 3pm will be dispatched by 1st class post the day after the next working day
To take advantage of the priority service, please select this option on the order form.
Other ways to order
You can telephone by contacting the Registration Service.
Making changes to a birth certificate
To make changes to an existing birth certificate, for example to add the father's name or to change either parent's name after marriage, you will need to make an appointment to register the birth again.