Social work vacancies
West Northants Council Adult Social Care has been on an exciting journey of transformation as we undertook the change to become a unitary authority in April 2021.
This has given us the opportunity to really look at how we provide adult social care on a more localised level, leading to lots of exciting innovations and a new model of working which puts people and their communities firmly at the heart of what we do.
Find out more about our teams below.
Social work roles
Our vision is to increase the wellbeing and outcomes of all adults, giving them the opportunity to live well, age well, and stay well. All in a manner that helps people have as much control of their lives as possible.
Find out more from our colleagues who work in the community or in a residential care setting. Read about why they started working in care and also about our career pathways from Care Worker to Management.
Find out more about our roles:
Our Social Work vacancies
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic Social Workers to join our teams in West Northamptonshire.
We use the “three conversations” model, where appropriate, which re-emphasises focus on people, their strengths, and the networks through the development of community and Inclusion hubs. We are looking for Social Workers who are passionate about ensuring people have choice and control over their own support needs and focus on the person, their strengths and networks.
Standard hours are 9 to 5:30, however there is the option for flexible working and welcome both full and part time applications. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure paid for by WNC.
- You’ll have a social work qualification and be registered with Social Work England
- You’ll enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, you’re hardworking and committed with enthusiasm for social work
- You have the passion to promote people’s strengths and the ability to make a difference in a safe working approach to social work practices
- You are proactive and can think creatively. You demonstrate problem solving abilities, working alongside people to enable them to find their own solutions
- You exercise professional curiosity rather than accept things at face value or make decisions based on assumptions
- You have up to date knowledge of legislation and demonstrable experience of delivering social care outcomes to people in need
- You have good communication and IT skills
- Able to prioritise, using a risk-based approach
- You put your ability to analyse and take action in challenging situations to good use, and are confident in seeking support
- You are willing and able to work collaboratively with a wide range of partners, including community groups and the voluntary sector as well as colleagues in health and other sectors
- You love a challenge and have an openness to learn.
Career development and training opportunities
As a Social Worker joining West Northants Council, you’ll receive a supportive induction and shadowing period to enable orientation to the service. important to us. It ensures we have the right people, with the right skills, doing the right job.
We are committed to career development and offer training and development opportunities for those who want to progress, for example AMHP training (for those 2 years post-qualified). We also support Newly Qualified Social Workers through their ASYE.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our employees including:
- 28 days annual leave per year (pro rata for part time employees), plus bank holidays, increasing to 32 after 5 years’ continuous service. We also offer the option to buy additional annual leave
- Local Government Pension Scheme plus immediate life cover (3 times your annual salary from day one) and ill-health protection
- Working in a supportive team where ideas are shared and opinions valued, you will receive regular informal and formal supervision and the opportunity to be part of and learn from multi-agency working
- Employee discounts with local and national retailers, days out, finance, health and beauty, travel and eating out plus lots more
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme - We have a free Employee Assistant Programme which is available for you and your immediate family members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and includes telephone counselling, legal advice, bereavement support and medical information
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- Generous relocation allowance of up to 25% of starting salary or £8,000 (whichever is the lesser, Terms and Conditions apply)
Last updated 10 October 2023