To qualify for a discount the carer must:
- be resident in the same dwelling as the person receiving care
- provide care for an average of 35 hours per week
The carer must also be providing care for a person who is entitled to one of the following benefits:
- any rate of attendance allowance
- the highest or middle rate are component of a disability living allowance (if you were born on or before 8 April 1948 and have an existing claim)
- disablement pension increment due to constant attendance need
- constant attendance allowance increment
- personal independence payment (PIP)
Please note that the carer does not qualify for a discount if the person that they are caring for is their spouse, partner, or their child under 18.
The number of adults in a property may effect your entitlement to this discount.
To apply for this in the Northampton area, you will need to contact us. Otherwise, please select your local area to apply.
Select your local area for more information:
If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of North Northamptonshire.
Last updated 28 April 2022