Thrive Occupational Therapy
How to contact this service
Thrive Occupational Therapy offers occupational therapy services for children, young people, families and school. They work with clients and their trusted adults to find activities that will capture their imagination.
The Occupational Therapists use a variety of evidence based approaches including:
- Sensory Attachment Intervention
- Sensory Integration
- Handwriting without Tears
They support individuals to overcome challenges/ develop skills in everyday task such as:
- Self-help skills such as dressing, washing, food and feeding, and toileting and personal hygiene.
- Play skills.
- Fine motor difficulties including handwriting.
- Gross motor difficulties including balance, coordination, and body awareness.
- Emotional regulation and engagement in tasks at home and at school.
Thrive OT's services include:
- Consultation and advice to parents, teachers, and schools.
- Assessments including reports for input to Education, Health, and Care Plans (EHCP).
- Direct Therapy Programmes including one-to one individualised intervention in the most appropriate setting (home or school).
- Training, coaching, and development for teachers, professionals, and parents.
Thrive OT offer regular free drop-in training through local parent support groups, please see our website or Facebook page for details. The rates are published on the website, they offer a reduced rate for parents and work with local charities to source funding for therapy or equipment needs.
Rates for schools depend on the frequency of the commission.
All hours are term-time only.
Office Hours:Monday-Thursday (9am-3.30pm)Friday (9am-1pm)
Therapist Hours:Monday-Friday (8:30am-5pm)
Please contact Thrive OT directly for more information.
- Contact provider for cost details
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 25 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Health Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Range - School
- Age Range - Early Years
- Age Range - Adulthood
- Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Medical Conditions
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD) - Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, etc
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 03 May 2023