Northgate School and Arts College (Special) - The Place to Bee
How to contact this service
The Place to Bee is a brand-new venture based in Kingsthorpe. It is part of Northgate School Arts College and The Bee Hive. It offers young adults (aged 19-25) with learning disabilities the opportunities to follow a vocational pathway into customer service and retail. Service-users are mentored by job coaches and a small team of staff.
Independence, teamwork, knowledge, and self-esteem are developed through hands-on learning and mentoring within a café, sweetshop, and life-skills flat. The Place to Bee aims to develop skills to prepare service-users for the world of work and employability. The café is dog-friendly and has an outside seating area.
All the activities carried out within The Place to Bee are essential to running a fully functional business. Service-users are an integral part of the team, and staff encourage everyone to reach their full potential.
- Customer Service & Hospitality
- Food Hygiene
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Personal Budgets can be used to fund places for service users. Sessions are £60 a day.
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 19 years to 25 years
- Referral Route
- Professional Referral
- Self Referral
- Type of Service
- Adulthood Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Range - Adulthood
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning Disabilities
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 03 May 2023