September is preparedness month - Are you ready?
For the ninth consecutive year, the #30days30waysUK campaign is back to empower and inspire the residents of West Northants and beyond. This campaign, organized by a collaborative network of emergency responders, practitioners, academics, and the voluntary sector, encourages individuals and communities to enhance their preparedness and resilience for a wide range of emergencies, risks and challenges that might happen.
Why join the #30days30waysUK campaign:
From 1 September to 30 September the #30days30waysUK campaign will provide a daily dose of preparedness knowledge through engaging activities, quizzes, videos, and resources.
Preparedness is more than a buzzword; it's a mindset that can make a real difference in times of crisis. This campaign offers a unique opportunity for residents to:
- Gain access to expert resources, advice and guidance from Local Resilience Forums and partners, including emergency services, local authorities, health organizations, and utilities
- Be a part of the positive psychology approach that combines engaging content, memes, and insightful messages, all aimed at building a culture of preparedness
- Gain valuable insights into various emergency scenarios and learn practical steps to protect yourself, your loved ones, and your community
- Enter daily challenges for a chance to win prizes while boosting your knowledge and skills
- Connect with a nationwide community dedicated to promoting safety, support, and readiness
- Join us in building resilience
- Participate in the "Emergencies: How Prepared Are You?" survey to assess how prepared they are for emergencies that may happen
- Engage with the campaign on a daily basis by participating in themed quizzes that will also give you the chance to enter a prize draw. These quizzes cover a wide range of topics, from emergency response to personal safety and community resilience
- Stay connected and informed by following the campaign's daily updates on social media platforms. Search for the hashtag #30days30waysUK to find the latest resources and engage in discussions with fellow participants.
Website and social media:
Discover more about the campaign's mission, access daily challenges, and engage with the #30days30waysUK community through various social media platforms:
- X: @30Days30WaysUK
- Facebook: @30Days30WaysUK
- YouTube: 30days30waysUK
- Instagram: @30daysuk
- Sign up for daily emails: Subscribe
For more information about the campaign, please visit 30 days 30 ways UK.
About the organisers
Established in 2015, 30 days 30 ways UK is a professional volunteer network comprising practitioners, academics, emergency responders, agencies, the voluntary sector, and more. The campaign is a proud member of GNDR, the largest Global Network of Civil Society Organizations for Disaster Risk Reduction. While not a registered charity, the campaign's open-source approach ensures its adaptability to various regions worldwide, making gamified emergency risk communication accessible with minimal obstacles or financial investment. The campaign's reports are published annually on its website.
#30days30waysUK - Be Prepared, Not Scared.
Last updated 22 August 2023