East Hunsbury and Shelfleys by-election: what voters need to knowElectoral services
07 February 2024
People living in our Council’s East Hunsbury and Shelfleys electoral ward can go to the polls today (Thursday, 8 February) to vote for a new councillor to represent their area.
The by-election is being held following the resignation of former West Northamptonshire Councillor Suresh Patel, and will see one councillor elected.
The candidates are as follows:
- Clare Robertson-Marriott (Labour and Cooperative Party)
- Daniel Soan (Conservative Party)
- Carl Neville Mark Squires (Liberal Democrats)
Polling stations across the ward are open from 7am until 10pm, and are located at the following places:
- Collingtree Golf Club, 90 Windingbrook Lane
- Abbey Centre Baptist Church, Overslade Close,
- Blackymore Community Centre, Butts Croft Close,
- Mobile Unit in Ladybridge Drive.
The details of your polling station will be printed on your poll card. You do not need to take your poll card with you in order to vote, but you must bring a valid form of Voter ID.
Acceptable forms of Voter ID
By law, you must present a valid form of photo ID at the polling station in order to vote.
You can use expired photo ID, as long as the image on the ID remains a good likeness to you. You only need to bring one of the documents to the polling station to vote in person, but it must be the original document.
You can use:
- Passport (UK, EU/EEA, Commonwealth issued)
- Driving licence (including provisional licences) (UK, EU/EEA issued)
- Blue Badge
- Certain older/disabled people concessionary travel cards
- Identity card with PASS mark (Proof of Age Standards Scheme)
- Biometric Immigration document
- Defence identity card
- Certain national identity cards
More information is available on our Voter ID page
Find out more
More information about this by-election can be found on the Statement of Persons Nominated document on our Elections pages