Early Education and Childcare advisers
We are committed to ensuring that all young children have access to at least a good quality of education and care. We recognise the importance of establishing strong foundations so that young children have the skills and knowledge required for success in their journey to adulthood and beyond, with no young child left behind.
We believe that through the creation and development of strong, effective and purposeful partnerships, we can work together with you to provide high-quality provision for the children of West Northamptonshire.
We are required by legislation to secure information, advice and training for providers on the following matters:
- meeting the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- meeting the needs of children with special educational needs and disabilities, vulnerable and disadvantaged children
- effective safeguarding and child protection
This is for the following providers:
- those registered on the Ofsted Early Years Register who are judged less than ‘good’ by Ofsted in their most recent inspection report
- newly registered providers on the Ofsted Early Years Register who have not yet had an inspection report published
- those on Part A (the compulsory part) of the Ofsted General Childcare Register who are assessed by Ofsted as not having met the requirements of registration or the requirements relating to their activities
We are able to offer support to settings rated good or outstanding if there is evidence of need.
Ofsted registered providers will be allocated a named Early Education and Childcare Adviser as a point of contact. The support offered will be determined by the need of each provider based on your current Ofsted judgement and/or where concerns or areas for development have been identified. Together we will offer tailored support and advice designed to meet your needs and raise quality to the highest standard.
If you want to get in touch with our service please email [email protected].
Sign up to our newsletter for all the latest updates online.
Last updated 18 July 2023