Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Adult Social Care: Financial Assessments - WNC

Adult Social Care: Financial Assessments - WNC logo


If you feel you need extra care and support, you can request a needs assessment from Adult Social Care

What is a Financial Assessment?

A financial assessment will help the Council understand your financial situation. They're used to calculate:

  • whether you qualify to receive any money from the Council towards your care costs
  • how much (if any) you can afford to contribute yourself
  • whether you are entitled to any additional benefits from the state

Please note: There are some circumstances and services that don’t require for you to have a financial assessment, including if you are a self-funder.

How Adult Social Care Financial Assessments Work

There’s a process the Council must follow before they can carry out a financial assessment.

First you'll have a needs assessment so they can identify:

  • your care needs (often referred to as 'eligible needs')
  • what kind of care and support you need

Types of Financial Assessment

The type of financial assessment you’ll have, and the information you’ll need to supply to the Council, depends on whether you’ll be receiving care at home or in a residential home.

The two types of assessments are:

For more information, please visit Financial Assessments.

How to Get this Service

You can use this online form to help the Council understand any care needs you may have. They will use this information to decide if you might be eligible for support.

If the needs assessment identifies that you have eligible care and support and needs (as per the Care Act 2014), you will be asked to complete a financial assessment

  • Brackley Area
  • Daventry Area
  • Northampton Area
  • Towcester Area
  • West Northamptonshire
  • Northamptonshire
Additional languages
Translation and/or Interpreting Available on Request
Age range
Suitable for ages from 18 years to 99 years
Referral route
Professional Referral
For people with
Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
Eligibility criteria
  • Age Range - Adulthood
  • Assessment Needed
  • Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
Provider category
Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support


West Northamptonshire Council, One Angel Square, Angel Street
United Kingdom


Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information, please read our disclaimer.

Last updated 22 May 2024