Voluntary Impact Northamptonshire, Northampton Volunteer Car Scheme
How to contact this service
Community transport to medically related appointments, for elderly and disabled people living in the Borough of Northampton or Grange Park and who are unable to use public transport.
The scheme also offers transport to other services such as well-being groups (e.g. illness prevention exercises, support groups, carers groups, specific medical illness groups including Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's etc)
In order to be eligible, passengers must:
- be elderly and/or disabled
- be able to transfer in and out of a regular car seat (unaided)
- not have their own vehicle
- struggle using regular public transport
- live in the Borough of Northampton, Moulton, or Grange Park
If the passenger has a foldaway wheelchair, they will need an escort to assist with the wheelchair at each end of the journey (escort can travel with passenger).
Eligible passengers can be taken to a library to access services and well-being groups held there. In addition, if a passenger has a specific request they can discuss that with the car scheme coordinator.
In addition to an annual membership fee, there is typically a 'per journey' cost. Some schemes accept concessionary bus passes to cover the 'per journey' cost. There is likely to be a minimum charge.
- Contact provider for cost details
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 18 years to 99 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Travel and Transport Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Health Condition
- Age Range - Adulthood
- Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Physical Disabilities
- Sensory Impairments
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 06 July 2023