NGAGE with Aquarius
How to contact this service
NGAGE is an early intervention substance misuse service for young people in Northamptonshire. They offer a free and confidential service that provides information, education, advice, and support to young people regarding drug and alcohol use.
NGAGE has a Youth Participation Worker that promotes the voice of young people in the design and delivery of the service. They also run a youth group called Evolve, which offers positive activities and opportunities for young people to get involved.
NGAGE services include:
- Offering brief advice and information regarding substances.
- Providing comprehensive assessment and care-planned interventions for young people who are experiencing problematic substance misuse. They also offer support in situations where substance misuse is causing issues either at home, school, or work.
- Offering 1-to-1 interventions that support young people to achieve their goals and reduce risk by:
- face-to-face contact (in line with the current guidelines)
- telephone and online contact (via WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, or Zoom).
- Empowering young people to achieve their goals. Enabling them to access positive activities, training, and peer mentors through the Evolve youth group.
- Providing structured group work for targeted groups of young people.
- Offering volunteering and training opportunities for young people who want to be more actively involved through the Evolve youth group.
- Offering training to professionals working with young people to understand issues and trends in drug use. They also offer training on screening tools and how to engage young people in discussions about drug and alcohol use.
- Offering support and advice to parents concerned about their children and substance misuse.
- Offering support and advice to professional with concerns.
NGAGE is for young people who:
- Want advice and information about drugs and/or alcohol use
- Associate with others who are misusing drugs and/or alcohol, and who may be vulnerable
- Are using drugs and/or alcohol and would like to reduce the harm caused
- Want to reduce their drug and/or alcohol use, or stop completely
- Need an opiate substitute prescription
- Need support into inpatient detox for alcohol dependency
Coronavirus Update (September 2020)
Coronavirus Update (August 2021) NGAGE will continue to adhere to the government guidelines for social care services around COVID-19 that are in place at the time an appointment is made. While home visits, except in exceptional circumstances, are still not happening, school visits, socially-distanced face-to-face sessions and welfare checks continue outdoors. Masks may be worn indoors or in enclosed spaces.
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 10 years to 18 years
- Referral Route
- Professional Referral
- Self Referral
- Type of Service
- Health Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Range - School
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Special Needs
- Suitable for Everyone
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 02 May 2023