Prospects - Shaw Trust Midlands
Prospects (part of Shaw Trust Midlands) provides the careers service for Northamptonshire, making sure young people who are Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) can access the guidance and support they need to progress. Young Northamptonshire residents who are NEET are eligible for the service for two years after completing Year 11. Young people with an EHC Plan can access the service to age 25 and those leaving care to age 25. Prospects help young people to make the right choices to move into further learning or employment.
Prospects have a variety of appointment centres in Northamptonshire. Please check their website for opening hours and whether a drop-in service is available.
- Montagu Street Children's Centre, Kettering (01604 367027) - Thursdays 2pm-4pm
- Penrith Drive Children's Centre, Wellingborough (01604 361373) - Wednesdays 2pm-4pm
- Daventry Children's Centre (01604 362265) - Mondays 10am-12noon
- Blackthorn Children's Centre, Northampton (01604 413504) - Tuesdays 10am-12noon
Please note: schools have a statutory duty to provide access to careers information, advice, and guidance (IAG) for all their pupils.
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 16 years to 25 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Advice and Information Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Range - School
- Age Range - Adulthood
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Social, Emotional, or Mental Health (SEMH) Needs
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
- Sensory Impairments
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 06 July 2023