Specialist Dental Services - NHFT
How to contact this service
NHFT's countywide Specialist Dental Service is made up of experts in special care dentistry.
It provides support and treatment for patients who are unable to access the general dentist due to special needs, learning disabilities, significant health problems, or other issues. It does not provide specialist or advanced restorative care (for example, a crown treatment).
Exemptions from NHS dental treatment costs apply for children and young people under the age of 19. People who receive certain benefits may also be exempt.
The Specialist Dental Service offers:
- Specialist services – County clinics focus on treating people who need behaviour management while they have dental treatment. The team offer their service alongside general dental and hospital settings. They offer treatments like fillings, tooth extractions, and gum treatments.
- Mobile services – The team visit special needs pupils in schools.
- Oral health promotion – The team works with other organisations and aims to give communities joined up care for better oral health.
Specialist Dental Services - Daventry Danetre Hospital, Dental Department, London Road, Daventry NN11 4DY
Specialist Dental Services - Wellingborough Isebrook Hospital, Castle Unit, Irthlingborough Road, Wellingborough NN8 1LP
Specialist Dental Services - Northampton St James Clinic, 116 St James Road, Northampton NN5 5LQ
Specialist Dental Services - Corby Dental Department, First Floor, Cottingham Road, Corby NN17 2UR
Who is this service for? The Specialist Dental Service provides a broad treatment service for children and adults who would not (or could not) access care with a general practice dentist across Northamptonshire.
How to access this service: The team accepts referrals from dentists and GPs. Patients can self-refer, but only when they have found it hard to access regular services or have learning disabilities. Email your name, address, and phone number to [email protected].
- Additional languages
- Translation and/or Interpreting Available on Request
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 99 years
- Referral Route
- GP or Healthcare Referral
- Professional Referral
- Self Referral
- Type of Service
- Health Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Health Condition
- Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Special Needs
- Social, Emotional, or Mental Health (SEMH) Needs
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Learning Disabilities
- Physical Disabilities
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 06 July 2023