The Makaton Charity
The Makaton Charity develops Makaton, the UK's leading language programme. Their vision is a world with no communication barriers to inclusion or achievement. Their activities include:
- Providing high-quality training to families, carers, and professionals.
- Developing and producing printed and electronic resources.
- Providing expert guidance, advice, and support for families and professionals.
- Influencing society and empowering people to break down barriers to communication.
The Makaton Charity is a registered charity (no. 1119819).
- National Organisation
- Additional languages
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 99 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Advice and Information Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Open to Everyone
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Special Needs
- Speech, Language, and Communication Needs (SLCN)
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 06 July 2023