Rethink Mental Illness
How to contact this service
Rethink Mental Illness improves the lives of people severely affected by mental illness through a network of local groups and services, expert information, and successful campaigning. Their goal is to make sure everyone affected by severe mental illness has a good quality-of-life.
Rethink Mental Illness' services include advocacy, employment and training, mental health services in prisons, nursing and residential care and carer support. They also provide housing services (including Selsey House in Corby) and support groups (visit their website and enter your postcode to find local groups).
The Rethink Mental Illness Advice Service (0300 500 0927) is offers practical help on issues such as the Mental Health Act, community care, welfare benefits, living with mental illness, and medication. This is not a crisis service, and they can only usually give advice where the person experiencing mental illness is aged 18+ and lives in England. The Advice Line is open Monday-Friday, 9.30am-4pm.
Rethink provide a webchat facility between 10am and 1pm on their advice pages on the website.
Rethink Mental Illness is a registered charity (no. 271028).
- Northamptonshire Local Offer - SEMH Needs Information Pack (PDF 1.4MB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Anxiety Disorders Factsheet (PDF 651KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Bipolar Disorder Factsheet (PDF 786KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Depression Factsheet (PDF 781KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Eating Disorders Factsheet (PDF 729KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder / OCD Factsheet (PDF 633KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Personality Disorders Factsheet (PDF 701KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Factsheet (PDF 725KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Psychosis Factsheet (PDF 667KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Schizophrenia Factsheet (PDF 699KB)
- Rethink Mental Illness - Self-Harm Factsheet (PDF 778KB)
- National Organisation
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 18 years to 65 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Advice and Information Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Open to Everyone
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Special Needs
- Social, Emotional, or Mental Health (SEMH) Needs
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 11 May 2023