Healthwatch - North and West Northamptonshire
How to contact this service
Healthwatch North and West Northamptonshire (HWN) is the local independent consumer champion for health and social care. They provide information and advice about health and social care services. Their central role is to be a voice for local people to influence better health and wellbeing and improve the quality of services to meet people’s needs. They will report findings to health and social care decision makers to improve and influence the quality of care.
Healthwatch rights and responsibilities include:
- The power to monitor (known as “Enter and View”) health and social care services (with one or two exceptions). The primary purpose is to find out what patients, service users, carers and the wider public think of health and social care.
- Report findings of local views and experiences to health and social care decision makers and make the case for improved services
- Be a strong and powerful voice for local people, to influence how services are planned, organised and delivered.
- Be an effective voice rooted in the community. Healthwatch find out what local people think about health and social care. They research patient, user and carer opinions using lots of different ways of finding out views and experiences.
- The option to escalate concerns and report evidence to national organisations including Healthwatch England, NHS England and the Care Quality Commission.
Young Healthwatch Northamptonshire
Young Healthwatch Northamptonshire ensures that children’s and young people’s voices are heard too. They provide opportunities for young people to influence better health and wellbeing and improve the quality of services. They report their findings to decision makers to make improvements in services. For more information, visit Young Healthwatch Northamptonshire or phone 0300 002 0010.
- Investors in Children Award
- Brackley Area
- Corby Area
- Daventry Area
- East Northants Area
- Kettering Area
- Northampton Area
- Towcester Area
- Wellingborough Area
- North Northamptonshire
- West Northamptonshire
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 99 years
- Referral route
- No Referral Needed
- For people with
- Medical Conditions
- Eligibility criteria
- Open to Everyone
- Provider category
- Universal Services - Suitable for Everyone
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information, please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 01 March 2024