Guide Dogs for the Blind provides life-changing services to the 360,000 people who are registered blind or partially sighted, and the two million people in the UK living with sight loss. It provides online information and advice, and a range of services to help thousands of people with different needs to lead confident, independent, and fulfilling lives. These include:
Help for Children and Families
Guide Dogs for the Blind provide a range of services to support not only children with sight loss, but the whole family.
- Living Actively - Early years development and habilitation
- Living Independently - CustomEyes books, mobility training for children, Tech for All, and education support
- Living Well - Family events and family support
- Guide Dogs for Children
- Buddy Dogs for Children
Help for Adults
Guide Dogs for the Blind understand that living with sight loss is different for everyone, so its services reflect that.
Guide Dogs for the Blind, Northampton Branch
The Guide Dogs Northampton Branch hosts casual gatherings of guide dog owners, puppy walkers, breeding stock holders, and volunteers. They meet on the last Friday of every month (10:30am-12noon) at Cafe Emm, Weston Favell Centre NN3 8JR. For more information, please phone Mrs. Jean Ridley 07982 753486 or see the group's Facebook page.
The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association is a registered charity (no. 209617).
- Contact provider for cost details
- National Organisation
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 25 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Independent Living Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Targeted Services - Additional Support Needs
- Special Needs
- Sensory Impairments
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 06 June 2023