DWP - Jobcentre Plus, Northampton
How to contact this service
Jobcentre Plus agencies (or 'Jobcentres') are the public face of the Government's Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). They deliver working-age support services in most areas of the UK.
Jobcentres provide services for:
- Adults attempting to find employment
- Adults who need financial aid due to lack of employment
- Adults who need financial aid to help with the living costs associated with finding a job
- Adults who need financial aid because an illness means they are unable to work
Financial aid (often referred to as 'benefits' or 'welfare payments') comes from the National Insurance system.
Jobcentre services include:
- In-house job-advisors
- Telephone advisors
Claims can be made for 'benefits' such as:
Visit the free, anonymous benefits calculator at 'Entitledto' for information on income-related benefits, tax credits, contribution-based benefits, and more.
Getting Extra Help If You Have a Disability
Jobcentres can help you find disability-friendly employers in your area. They can refer you to a specialist work psychologist, if appropriate. They can also carry out an ‘employment assessment’ where you can discuss your skills and experience, and what kind of roles you’re interested in.
Their work coaches can tell you about programmes and grants to help you back into work. These include:
- Additional languages
- Translation and/or Interpreting Available on Request
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 16 years to 65 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Adulthood Services
- Eligibility Criteria
- Age Range - Adulthood
- Provider Category
- Universal Services - Suitable for Everyone
- Special Needs
- Suitable for Everyone
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 05 May 2023