Dimensions (UK) Ltd - Autism and SEND Friendly Cinema Screenings
How to contact this service
Looking for autism-friendly things to do? Dimensions UK work with cinemas, libraries, museums, and Belong by GAME Arenas. Each venue’s autism-friendly training is tailored to their environment and guests. Adjustments include reduced sensory stimulation, increased signage, and autism training for staff. Their training is developed with autism and industry experts, so it works for both guests and the venues.
Autism-friendly screenings are held at over 300 cinemas nationwide: ODEON, Cineworld, Vue, Showcase, Picturehouse, Everyman, Light, and some independent cinemas.* The screenings take place regularly and have adjustments to make the cinema experience more enjoyable for people with autism or sensory sensitivity. To find out more about autism-friendly screenings, visit the Dimensions website, the Dimensions Facebook page, or your local cinema.
• The Savoy Corby offers Supportive Screenings, which are not part of the Dimensions initiative.
• The Arc Cinema (Daventry) offers Sensory-Friendly Screenings, which are not part of the Dimensions initiative.
Please note: Cinema-goers over the age of 8 (who have a disability) can apply for a CEA Card.
- Contact provider for cost details
- Age range
- Suitable for ages from 0 to 99 years
- Referral Route
- No Referral Needed
- Type of Service
- Groups, Clubs, and Activities
- Eligibility Criteria
- Open to Everyone
- Provider Category
- Specialist Services - For those who require longer-term support
- Special Needs
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Special Educational Needs or a Disability (SEND)
Publication on the Local Offer does not endorse a provider, so please take reasonable steps to ensure that any service found on the Local Offer is suitable for your family member. For more information please read our disclaimer.
Last updated 03 July 2023