Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Temporary use notice

Premises wishing to provide any form of gambling, including 

  • betting
  • gaming
  • lotteries
  • prize bingo or
  • football pools

will require a licence or permit under the Gambling Act 2005.

Temporary use notices allow these activities at locations that do not benefit from a licence issued by the Gambling Commission.

The fee for a Temporary use licence is £300.

To apply

In order to submit and pay for a permit or licence under the Gambling Act 2005 you will first need to download and complete the relevant application form and upload it and any supporting documents as part of your application below. You will be asked to provide a few details about the form you have uploaded in order for the relevant payment to be calculated. You will then be required to pay the application fee at the end of the form.. 

For licences and permits that have annual fees due within the first 30 days of being issued you will have the option to also pay the first annual fee at the same time. If you choose not to pay the annual fee we will send you an invoice once the permit has been granted. All subsequent annual fees will be invoiced to the details provided.

Last updated 16 October 2023