Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement
New website
This site is new and we are improving it every day.

Licensing and regulation

If you are unsure what licences or permits you or your business might require please use the Licence finder.

Alcohol and entertainment register

Public information on all alcohol and entertainment applications and licences

Animal feed registration

​Animal feed regulations require feed and some food businesses to register with Trading Standards

Animal licensing

Find out how to apply for animal welfare licenses, fees, ratings and rescore requests

Caravan site licensing

Licensing information for running a caravan site

Children in employment and entertainment

You will need a licence to employ a child or a child performance licence if it is in entertainment

Cooling tower notifications

Cooling tower information

Environmental health licensing

Find information about environmental health licensing in your area

Environmental permits

Certain industrial installations that have the potential to cause pollution are required to have a pollution permit before they operate

Explosives and fireworks sales and storage

If it is your intention to store and supply any explosives you may need a licence to do so

Gambling Act

The Gambling Act and the policy around it in your area

Gambling licensing and permits

Gambling licensing and permit information for West Northamptonshire

Houses in multiple occupation

Rules and licensing for housing in multiple occupation (HMOs) which is occupied by people who do not form a single household

Highways licences and permits

Apply for a skip or scaffolding licence and information for utilities companies on roadworks permits

Licensing policy

Licensing policy information in your local area

Pavement licence

Helping businesses secure permission to place furniture on the highway and make it easier for them to serve food and drink for consumption outside the premises

Personal alcohol licence

Apply for a personal licence

​Petroleum storage

Petrol is highly flammable, explosive and toxic and there are laws that you need to follow if you are storing it

Premises licence or club premises certificate

How to apply for a premises licence or club premises certificate

Stage hypnotist licence

Information on how to obtain a stage hypnotist licence

Street trading

Getting consent to trade on the street in West Northamptonshire

Tattooists, piercing and electrolysis

Registration information for tattooists, piercing and electrolysis

Taxi licensing

The licensing process for hackney carriage drivers and proprietors and private hire drivers, vehicles and operators

Temporary Event Notice

How to apply for a temporary event notice (TEN)