Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Unlicensed family entertainment centre permit

Unlicensed family entertainment centres are wholly or mainly used for making category D gaming machines available. These machines are typically found in amusement arcades and at fairgrounds and can be played by under 18's.

The cost of the permit is £300 for a ten year period.

To apply

In order to submit and pay for a permit or licence under the Gambling Act 2005 you will first need to download and complete the relevant application form and upload it and any supporting documents as part of your application below. You will be asked to provide a few details about the form you have uploaded in order for the relevant payment to be calculated. You will then be required to pay the application fee at the end of the form.

For licences and permits that have annual fees due within the first 30 days of being issued you will have the option to also pay the first annual fee at the same time. If you choose not to pay the annual fee we will send you an invoice once the permit has been granted. All subsequent annual fees will be invoiced to the details provided.


Fee typeFee
New application – 10 year duration£300
Renewal – submitted between 6 and 2 months before the expiry of the permit£300
Transfer of a permit£25
Change of name or address£25
Replacement - theft/loss£15

Last updated 16 October 2023