Supporting Independence Programme
The service is tailored to prevent decline, and to support and manage the health and wellbeing needs of anyone eligible over the age of 18, who may be showing signs of reduced independence.
With up to 12 weeks of one-to-one support, our team of dedicated Wellbeing Advisors are committed to providing you with the knowledge and resources needed to make your wellbeing a priority.
In the event of an emergency, dial 999.
How it can help you
Using scientifically validated assessment tools, you will work with a trained Wellbeing Advisor to identify your needs, receive personalised support and improve areas of your health and wellbeing, helping you achieve a better quality of life.
Examples of support include:
- opportunities to meet with your Advisor to 'Walk and Talk' with the aim of becoming more active and increasing socialisation
- support to access social opportunities within your local community to reduce isolation, including volunteering and clubs, groups and events to suit your hobbies and interests
- advice, information and support on managing the long-term effects of COVID-19
- identification, support and referrals as appropriate to support daily life including housing support and money advice
- identification, intervention and support for low-level mental health and emotional difficulties
- advice, information and support on lifestyle issues such as nutrition, smoking and alcohol use
- identification of other issues such as blood pressure or use of multiple medicines and referral where appropriate including to memory clinics, continence services or community pharmacies
How to apply
To self-refer or make a referral on someone else's behalf, please complete the short eligibility assessment.
What happens next
Once we've received your form, we will contact you within 2 working days to arrange an initial appointment.
If you are unsure which council covers your area or have experienced technical issues completing this short assessment, please:
- email [email protected] or
- telephone: 0300 126 7000
Last updated 01 February 2023