Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Report a change

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and there is a change in any of your personal circumstances, you must let us know within one calendar month. For Council Tax Reduction, this needs to be reported within 21 days (failure potentially leading to a fine).

If you don't tell us within one calendar month and your benefit decreases, we will go back to the date of the change and create an overpayment which needs to be paid back. Whereas if your benefits could have increased, we will only apply the change to the Monday following our notification.

Changes that we must be notified about include:

  • changes to your income and capital
  • changes to Household Members
  • absences
  • change of address
  • change of rent

This isn't exhaustive so if in doubt let us know about the change and we will confirm if it affects your benefit.

Even if you notify the Department for Work and Pensions or the Inland Revenue of any change, you'll need to let us know separately.

In the Daventry area, you will need to get in contact with us to report a change. Otherwise, please select your local area to let us know.

Select your local area for more information:

If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of North Northamptonshire.

Last updated 09 February 2024