Cookies are files saved on your phone, tablet or computer when you visit a website.
Cookies that remember your preferences
When you visit this website, you may see a banner that invites you to accept cookies. If you choose to accept, we'll set cookies so that your web browser knows you've seen the banner and won’t show it to you again.
Cookies that measure how you use the website
We use Google Analytics to measure how you and other visitors use this website. We do not allow Google to use or share any of that data.
Google Analytics sets cookies that store anonymised information that includes:
- how you got to the site
- the pages you visit on the site
- how long you spend on each page
- what you click while you are visiting the site
Google Analytics cookies:
- _ga_# - Used by Google Analytics to collect data on the number of times a user has visited the website as well as dates for the first and most recent visit
- _ga - Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website
We use a third party tool called Monsido to monitor website performance for statistical purposes.
Cookies on our old websites
Before we became West Northamptonshire Council, the county and borough councils in Northamptonshire had their own websites. We are still moving information from these old websites.
Until we complete this process, this new West Northamptonshire Council website will include links to information on the old sites.
All of the old websites have their own cookie policies:
- Daventry area - cookies policy
- Northampton area - cookies policy
- South Northamptonshire area - cookies policy
- Northamptonshire County Council - cookies policy
Cookies on other sites we link to
How to manage cookies
You can stop cookies being downloaded by changing the settings on your browser. If you do this, you may not be able to use every feature on this website.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
Last updated 10 October 2023