For the Love of Books
As part of our For the Love of Books initiative, you can take part in our Digital Book Club and listen to our podcast.
Follow our social media accounts for updates on our books and reading initiatives, and join in the Digital Book Club discussion.
Digital Book Club: December 2023
This month’s Digital Book Club title is The Christmas Murder Game by Alexandra Benedict.
Lily Armitage never intended to return to the house where her mother died twenty-one Christmases ago, until she receives a letter from her aunt. She invites Lily to take part in an annual tradition: the Christmas Game. Solve twelve clues to find twelve keys and she will win the deeds to the manor house and discover who really killed Lily’s mother all those years ago.
The Christmas Murder Game is available on BorrowBox as an eBook and eAudiobook with no waiting.
- November 2023 - The First Woman by Jennifer Nansubuga Makumbi
- October 2023 - Poetry Unbound edited by Pádraig Ó Tuam
- September 2023 - Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver
- August 2023 - The Club by Ellery Lloyd
- July 2023 - The Reluctant Carer: Dispatches from the Edge of Life by The Reluctant Carer
- June 2023 - Beautiful World, Where Are You by Sally Rooney
- May 2023 - Winchelsea by Alex Preston
- April 2023 - The Christie Affair by Nina De Gramont
- March 2023 - Small Things Like These by Claire Keegan
- February 2023 - The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- January 2023 - The Art of Rest by Claudia Hammond
- December 2022 - The Wild Laughter by Caoilinn Hughes
For the Love of Books - The LibraryPlus podcast
There are 2 series of the podcast. We spoke to a variety of guests about the importance of books and celebrated books and reading.
This podcast is available on all major podcast platforms. Subscribe so you don't miss future series.
Post book reviews
Share your opinion on books you read on the library catalogue.
- log into the library catalogue using your library card number and pin
- search for the book that you would like to review
- select the book and then select "Add your review"
Write your review and then select save. Your review will be live on the catalogue once it has been verified.
Last updated 01 December 2023