For the Love of Books
As part of our For the Love of Books initiative, you can take part in our Digital Book Club and listen to our podcast.
Follow our social media accounts for updates on our books and reading initiatives, and join in the Digital Book Club discussion.
- Facebook - @libraryplusreadingchallenge
- Twitter - @Library_Plus
- Instagram - @northantslibraries
Digital Book Club: March 2023
This month’s Digital Book Club title is ‘Small Things Like These’ by Claire Keegan. It is 1985, in an Irish town. During the weeks leading up to Christmas, Bill Furlong, a coal and timber merchant, faces into his busiest season. As he does the rounds, he feels the past rising up to meet him - and encounters the complicit silences of a people controlled by the Church. This is an unforgettable story of hope, quiet heroism and tenderness.
‘Small Things Like These’ is available on BorrowBox as an eBook and eAudiobook with no waiting
- February 2023 - The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera
- January 2023 - The Art of Rest by Claudia Hammond
- December 2022 - The Wild Laughter by Caoilinn Hughes
- November 2022 - The Book of Form & Emptiness by Ruth Ozeki
- October 2022 - End of Summer by Anders de la Motte
- September 2022 - The Startup Wife by Tahmima Anam
- August 2022 - The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley
- July 2022 - Summer In Greece by Patricia Wilson
- June 2022 - Cloudstreet by Tim Winton
- May 2022 - The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
- April 2022 - My Name is Why by Lemn Sissay
- March 2022 - The Lamplighters by Emma Stonex
For the Love of Books - The LibraryPlus podcast
There are 2 series of the podcast. We spoke to a variety of guests about the importance of books and celebrated books and reading.
This podcast is available on all major podcast platforms. Subscribe so you don't miss future series.
For the Love of Books - The LibraryPlus Podcast
Post book reviews
Share your opinion on books you read on the library catalogue.
- log into the library catalogue using your library card number and pin
- search for the book that you would like to review
- select the book and then select "Add your review"
Write your review and then select save. Your review will be live on the catalogue once it has been verified.
Last updated 01 March 2023