Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Children in employment and entertainment

Families Information Service

The Families Information Service directory is currently unavailable due to maintenance. We apologise for any inconvenience.  In the meantime please use Ofsted website to search for registered Childcare and Early Education providers by postcode or name of setting.


Apply for a professional or volunteer Chaperone licence

All children requiring a performance licence must be chaperoned by either the child’s parent, legal guardian or a local authority registered chaperone.

Type of chaperone licence needed

If you are working in a professional capacity as a chaperone or are being paid to be a chaperone, you will need to apply for a professional licence. If you are doing the role unpaid, you can apply for a volunteer licence.

Processing chaperone licences can take up to 3 months. You must be a resident of West Northamptonshire to apply for a licence, if you live in another area please check with your local council.

Cost of a chaperone licence

Both volunteer and professional chaperone licences include an enhanced child workforce Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. You will be required to attend a short ID check meeting in Northampton.

Type of licence​​Cost
​Volunteer chaperone licence​£15
​Professional chaperone licence​£55

Apply for a chaperone licence

You can apply for a chaperone licence using the online form below.

Renew a chaperone licence

If you wish to renew your existing chaperone licence please use the online form below. We suggest applying 3 months before your existing licence runs out.

Child performance restrictions

Find out more

Further details can be found on the NNCEE webpage, or by emailing [email protected].

Last updated 04 July 2023