Northamptonshire Integrated Care Partnership
Organisations across Northamptonshire who deliver mental health, social care and physical health care are working together as Northamptonshire Integrated Care Partnership (NICP). This is a new way of working, bringing together local councils, health and social care organisations, local charities, and community groups to look after the people of Northamptonshire.
Teams from different organisations will come together to plan and deliver joined-up health and care services to help people live well and stay well. The focus is on supporting people to stay healthy, keep their independence for longer and be able to manage their own care.
We know that people’s health and wellbeing can be impacted by lots of different things in their lives. This might include their homes, education, work or social inequalities. Addressing these issues fundamentally underpins the work of NICP.
Who is involved in NICP?
NICP brings together health and social care partners to deliver quality care at the right time and in the right place. You can view all the partners involved on page 9 of the Northamptonshire Integrated Care Strategy.
Together, these partners are responsible for agreeing, delivering and monitoring health and care services across our county.
Find out more about the Integrated Care Partnership and Integrated Care Northamptonshire.
Engagement insights library
Working with our county’s emerging Wellbeing Forums and with wider system partners, Integrated Care Northamptonshire (ICN) Engagement Insight Library has been developed. This is a central hub for engagement reports from across ICN partners and our communities.
As a single point of contact and it has become an essential resource with the following key aims:
- support collaboration between organisations around gathering insight, enabling links to be made between individuals/organisations who are working on the same area/ topics, or are wanting the answers to the same questions. Making the best possible use of available resource
- move away from seeing residents as patients or service users towards seeing them as members of local communities with valuable experience and insight to share
- support the use of a variety of methods for gathering insight, moving away from an over-reliance on surveys to methods that nurture and use existing relationships
- collect and organise insight being gathered across the system to make it easily accessible and searchable
This library is a single place where engagement activity reports from across Northamptonshire can be stored, making them more accessible to partner organisations and our communities.
You can find out more information on how to sign up and submit to the library.
Integrated Care Northamptonshire Strategy 2023
Integrated Care Northamptonshire (ICN) is excited to share a newly launched 10-year strategy to support people in Northamptonshire to ‘Live Your Best Life’.
This strategy has been developed together by NHS providers, local councils, voluntary and community organisations, and other partners, with a focus on enabling residents to benefit from equitable opportunities to live their best life, whoever they are and wherever they live in the county.
Our vision is bold; we want to work better together in Northamptonshire to create a place where people and their loved ones are active, confident, and empowered to take personal responsibility for good health and wellbeing, with quality integrated support and services available for them if and when they need help. ICN’s work to develop this strategy together shows the commitment from organisations to improve outcomes for residents in Northamptonshire and deliver change through shared working and community involvement.
To help meet our vision, a set of 10 ‘Live Your Best Life’ ambitions have been developed to deliver better outcomes for the people of Northamptonshire over the coming years. Each ambition looks at the approaches we need to take together to help us improve outcomes in partnership with our residents. These ambitions are listed below:
- The best start in life
- Access to the best available education and learning
- Opportunity to be fit, well, and independent
- Employment that keeps them and their families out of poverty
- Good housing in places which are clean and green
- To feel safe in their homes and when out and about
- Connected to their families and friends
- The chance for a fresh start when things go wrong
- Access to health and social care when they need it
- To be accepted and valued simply for who they are
Many are aware of the significant challenges facing health and care services locally and nationally. It is only by working together as ICN with shared aims that we can face up to these challenges and improve the health and wellbeing of those who live and work in our county. The strategy sets out how we can achieve better outcomes throughout all stages of a person’s lifetime; from pregnancy, birth, and early years, through improved education and better employment opportunities, to better access to health and care services right through to the end of life – all the time supporting everyone to be valued for who they are.
For more detail see the Northamptonshire integrated care strategy 2023.
Last updated 23 August 2023