Houses in multiple occupation

Rules and licensing for houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) which is occupied by people who do not form a single household.

This includes:

  • A house let as individual bedsitting rooms
  • A group of rooms on each floor let to single occupants
  • Hostels, some hotels and guesthouses
  • Lodgings and shared houses
  • Houses converted into self-contained flats

Select your local area for more information:

If your area isn't listed, you may be a resident of North Northamptonshire.

Why information is on a different website
We are in the process of adding information to this new unitary council website. Some pages will give you a link back to a previous council website to help you find what you need. Read more about the changes.