Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Make a planning application

Before submitting an application see if you need planning permission on the planning portal.

Information on planning fees

You will also need to know how much submitting an application will cost:

Building regulations approval

You may also need Building Regulations approval for building works or alteration. Please visit the Building Regulations and Control pages for details.

Pre-application advice

If planning permission is required for your proposed development, our pre-application advice service will give you a steer on whether you are likely to be successful with your planning application before it is submitted.

If we believe your application is unlikely to be successful, we can offer advice on how issues with the application can be overcome. This can save you time and money by enabling potential issues to be identified and resolved before the application is submitted.

Strategic Access Management and Monitoring Fee (SAMM)

Unit 1 of the Upper Nene Valley Gravel Pits Special Protection Area (SPA) is in West Northamptonshire. If your development is within 3km of Unit 1 of the SPA, you will need to pay a Strategic Access Management and Monitoring (SAMM) fee. To find out more see our Supplementary Planning Documents.

Submitting your application

When you are satisfied with your plans you can submit your application

Last updated 17 January 2024