Key dates and deadlines for secondary school admissions
Prepare and apply: 10 September 2021 onwards
- Read the information on this website carefully
- Visit schools on open evenings and read school prospectuses
- Read schools' oversubscription admission criteria
Deadline for applying: 31 October 2021 at 5pm - closing date for applications
- Submit your preference form by the closing date
- Send any supplementary information forms (SIFs) if applicable to the preferred school(s) in support of your application(s)
Offers made: 1 March 2022
- Offer emails sent or view your offer online (online applications only)
- Offer letters posted to people who sent in a paper application by the deadline
Next steps: 1 March 2022 onwards
We will assume you have accepted the allocated place unless you let us know otherwise (check the rules on acceptance directly with the school if you are offered a school place in another county).
Apply to join a waiting list by sending us an email or a letter.
We will not withdraw a school place solely because you are dissatisfied and decline the offer. We must have notice that your child has a school place elsewhere. This is because we have a duty to ensure that all children are receiving their education entitlement.
Additional rounds of applications (late applications)
Late applications are dealt with in rounds. Each round has a cut off for applications to be included in it.
The allocation process can take a number of weeks, depending on how many applications are received.
Emails will be sent to all late applicants who apply online. We will only inform parents of children on a waiting list if we are able to offer a place. Otherwise, their child's name will remain on the waiting list for the next round.
There is no need to contact us after completing a late application form - we will contact you once an offer has been made.
Cut off dates for applications to be included in each round:
1 April 2022 (process starts 13 April 2022 and can take up to 4 weeks)
13 May 2022 (process starts 1 June 2022 and can take up to 3 weeks)
24 June 2022 (process starts 4 July 2022 and can take up to 3 weeks)
Applications received after 24 June 2022 will be processed as and when received between July and August 2022. Any applications received after then will be processed according to our in-year policy from the end of August 2022.
Last updated 26 January 2022