Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Order a copy certificate

You can order copies of your required certificate (birth, death, marriage and civil partnership). Certificates cost £12.50 per copy.

Order a certificate

It's not possible to pick up certificates from our registration offices. The quickest and easiest way to request a certificate is to apply online.

We will post your certificate within 7 working days of receipt of the order, using 2nd class post for standard applications.

If you are ordering a marriage certificate and were married in a church or place of worship please ensure you state the full name and address of the church or place of worship so we can locate your marriage entry.

Other ways to order

To order by telephone please call our Customer Service Centre on 0300 126 7000.

Correcting a mistake on a certificate

Immediately after your registration, the registrar will ask you to check the information carefully and sign the register to say it's correct.

However, sometimes mistakes can be made on a certificate that we issue. It may be possible to correct that mistake, but we can only do so for registrations originally made in West Northamptonshire.

Cost to consider a correction

If it is:

  • our mistake - there is no charge
  • the customer's mistake - the fee to consider the correction application will be up to £99 (consideration does not guarantee the correction application will be accepted)

How to get it changed

If you think the information on a certificate is wrong, you will need to provide evidence from the time of the registration showing the correct information.

When you have collected the evidence you need to support your request for a correction, please email [email protected] with:

  • your name, address, telephone number and email address
  • the name(s), date and type of certificate that you would like correcting
  • details of the correction to be made
  • details of the evidence that you will be submitting to support your request

Depending on the circumstances, the correction may or may not be simple to make, so we will contact you to discuss your case in more detail and explain what happens next.

For further information on correcting a certificate and the application forms, see certificates, register offices, changes of name or gender on GOV.UK.

Last updated 24 May 2024