Northamptonshire baby room project
Baby room - course for practitioners
This course consists of 3 sessions in 3 months.
You will learn how:
- experiences shape infants' brains
- experiences shape all our brains
- what we feel affects infants' brains
Session 1: Babies' Brain Development
By being knowledgeable about early development and learning, practitioners can be alert to the importance of paying close attention to the potential of individual babies.
Learn how every experience shapes the brain and the brain adapts to the environment it finds itself in.
Session 2: Babies' Emotional Development
By being aware of emotional needs, practitioners can respond with sensitivity to babies and support them with loving and meaningful interactions. Understand how crying is a baby’s way of letting you know they are here and need you.
Session 3: Babies' Playing and Laughing
By being in tune with individual babies, practitioners can recognise the huge impact early experiences have on holistic development. Learn that playing is learning. Laughing relieves stress. Singing releases 'feel good' chemicals in our brains. It's ok to be playful at work!
What practitioners say
- "It has reminded me of the importance of play, fun and interaction parents need to have with their children to enable the child to develop well."
- "I have enjoyed expanding my knowledge of the development of the baby's brain."
- "I never really thought about fears in babies and we have changed how we run things in the baby room, for example, reducing the number of people who come into the room. No longer picking babies up from behind, feeling confident to cuddle them."
New practitioner training is currently being organised and information will be added to the website in due course.
How to book
Whilst we are not currently running courses we can add you to our list to contact when we can offer training again.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 01604 364770
The Northamptonshire Baby Room Project,
Northamptonshire Educational Psychology Service,
One Angel Square,
Order a manual
Find out more about the practitioners' manual.
Last updated 21 April 2023