Skip to main contentAccessibility Statement

Report a flood

In an emergency

In the event of a flooding emergency you should focus on the safety of yourself and your family. Dial 999 or 112 if it is an emergency and you or someone else is in danger. 

Flooding in your property 

If there is flooding to your property, make sure you stay safe and see Help I’m flooding for more information on what to do.

Flooding from a highway

If the flooding is from a highway such as blocked drains or a ditch, a main river or a burst water main or sewer, see It’s an emergency to find the correct company to contact and report this.

Other types of flooding

Fill out our form below to report all other types of flooding (groundwater, surface water and flooding from small watercourses).

Once you have submitted the form we will check to see whether it meets our threshold for aFormal Flood Investigation. However, if it does not, we will still provide bespoke advice and guidance for you within 20 working days.

Please note that this service is not to be used in an emergency situation and is only used to collate records of flooding. As such we will not be able to provide an emergency response on advice and recovery. See It’s an emergency to find the organisation to contact in this situation.

Emergency planning

Find further information on how to protect yourself, your business and your neighbourhood in emergency planning.

Last updated 08 March 2024