Make a minerals application
Non-material amendments and applications to vary, remove, or discharge conditions attached to existing minerals permissions can be submitted via the planning portal.
Full minerals applications are currently not part of the new 1APP / planning portal system. The application forms needed for submitting a minerals-related planning application are available to download below. Please complete the manual forms for the certificates:
- Minerals Planning Application guidance (PDF 65KB)
- Appendix A - Certificates (PDF 25KB)
- Appendix B - Design and Access statements (PDF 16.8KB)
- Appendix C - Environmental Impact assessment (PDF 22.7KB)
- Appendix D - Statement of Local Engagement (PDF 26.1KB)
- Appendix E - Full Planning application checklist (PDF 49.7KB)
- Appendix F - Change of Use Planning application checklist (PDF 47.6KB)
- Appendix G - Possible Info required checklist (PDF 47.6KB)
- Part I - Application form (PDF 32KB)
- Part IV - Extraction of Minerals (PDF 28KB)
- Part VI - Minerals Related Development (PDF 36KB)
- Certificates (PDF 19KB)
- Part I form - electronic (Word 161KB)
- Part IV form - electronic (Word 131KB)
- Part VI form - electronic (Word 151KB)
Please note: the guidance notes and application forms above are for minerals-related full planning applications only.
All supporting information and plans can be attached when submitting electronically, or if too large to upload, via post on a CD.
Format types and files are limited to PDF (.PDF), Excel (.xls, .xlsx) or Word (.doc, .docx, .rtf) document types.
Where possible, supporting documents should be scaled no larger than A3. Where this is not possible, please submit electronically and forward full sized hard copies in the post for the attention of the Case Officer to the following address, along with a covering letter:
Minerals and Waste Planning Service for Northamptonshire
North Northamptonshire Council
One Angel Square
All applications submitted must include the relevant completed and signed application forms, certificates and the correct planning fee. Payment can be made either by cheque (payable to North Northamptonshire Council'), or online.
Local requirements list
Below is our local requirements list for minerals and waste developments. This document outlines the required documentation required to validate and process your mineral application.
Last updated 21 August 2023