About campsite ratings
The campsite rating scheme has been developed by the Silverstone Inter-Agency Campsite Subgroup
We are a multi-agency group who work in partnership with Silverstone Circuits Ltd.
The partners in the group are:
- West Northamptonshire Council
- Buckinghamshire Council
- Thames Valley Police
- Northamptonshire Police
- Buckinghamshire Fire Service
- Northamptonshire Fire Service
- Silverstone Circuits Ltd
We work together with campsites to help ensure that accommodation for the public attending events at Silverstone circuit comply with safety, public health, licensing and other legal standards.
The Group meet regularly throughout the year to plan inspections, share intelligence and good practice, prioritise work and carry out checks during the events. We work with the campsite operators to update on new legislation and communicate with the campsite operators.
In 2013 South Northamptonshire Council, now West Northamptonshire Council, received funding on behalf of the group from the Business Innovation and Skills Regulatory Innovation for Growth to set up a rating scheme.
This scheme aims to:
- provide a unique and innovative reference point for campsite customers
- encourage customers to drive standards, by making informed choices when selecting campsites and encouraging improvement through self regulation
- elevate the profile of campsites, and recognise compliant campsites thus attracting customers, encouraging business growth and supporting the local economy
- encourage businesses who have difficulty complying so that overall standards improve, either by regulator support or through customer choice
- assure the public and regulators that campsites provide safe and healthy facilities
- reduce regulatory costs and improve efficiency with partners sharing intelligence, working together and acting as eyes and ears for priority issues
You can contact us at:
West Northamptonshire Council
Health and Environmental Protection
Tel: 0300 126 7000
Email: [email protected]
Thames Valley Police
Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue Service
Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service
Last updated 03 March 2023